Travelling Fellowship Application
The aim of a fellowship may be research, advanced study, or the acquisition of a new clinical skill unlikely to be available in the UK.
Candidates are expected to be planning a career in the UK which will be enhanced by spending up to a year at a centre of international excellence.
- Up to two fellowships will be awarded in this round and Trustees reserve the right to make no award if, in their judgement, applications are of insufficient strength.
- Candidates should be qualified and registered to practise in medicine, nursing or another health profession.
- Fellowships will be for up to a maximum of 12 months’ duration.
- Funding awarded will reflect the estimated cost of the fellowship (including travel and support of dependents if relevant). Whole or part-funding of these costs will be awarded up to a maximum of £30,000 per fellowship. The awarded sum will be final and not subject to increase. Please be aware that 10% of the value of the award is retained pending a written report being received by the Trustees.
- In addition, a limited number of minor travel grants (NOT for attendance at conference) for up to £5000 each is available.
- Fellowships must be taken up by a date agreed with the Trust, or any offer will be revoked.
- Fellows must submit a report to the Trust within one month of their return and supply copies of any resultant publication. On receipt of a satisfactory report the 10% retention will be paid over.
Please provide the names, roles, addresses (postal & email) and telephone numbers of 2 referees with knowledge of your work. One should normally be your current head of department or line manager.